Stuffy noses, chilly winds– This green curry based seafood meal will warm you from your toes to your nose.
Prep + cooking time= 45 minutes
6 large servings
1.5 C bismati rice
3 C water
Combine in pot, bring to boil, the place on lowest setting to steam.
2 cloves minced fresh garlic
1 medium onion- finely chopped
1/4 corn oil or butter
4T green curry paste
1 whole red or yellow pepper julienned
4 C fresh spinach
3 cans coconut milk
1lb unpeeled frozen shrimp- peeled and tails removed
1lb frozen cod cut into 1″ cubes. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
1 can whole clams drained
- In a 4 qt pan, saute onions and garlic in oil until clear.
- Add 1-4 T green curry paste according to your taste and stir. Green curry can be hot and you can stir-in more later.
- Add julienned pepper and saute until pepper softens.
- Add spinach and stir around in pot, coating spinach leaves with onion and pepper mixture. Let spinach become limp.
- Add 3 cans coconut milk and stir. Add more green curry paste if a stronger flavor is desired. Heat mixture until steaming.
- Add cod, shrimp and clams and allow a few minutes to cook. Shrimp will become pink and tightly curled. Don’t overcook.
Serve over rice in bowls.
(c) AmyEilertsen 2017